Telling the world about being nominated for an award is, in the Tibetan world, akin to being immodest. Any Tibetan caught or suspected of blowing his own trumpet is met with the slightly unkind, yet apt tongue-in-cheek Tibetan remark: “Kyakpe kup kyak,” which literally translates into “The shit is lifting the butt.”
But today, I am throwing caution to the winds by proudly letting you know that I was nominated for my first blogging award — The Versatile Blogger Award — by Vicki of Eco Elements. Vicki, who is passionate about healthy living and the environment, writes a wonderful blog as he seeks to discover and share unique ways of preserving the planet for our children.
I’d like to share the award rules (given below) and nominate my other friends in the blogging world, this time a powerful set of women of four:
Perelin Colors — “Travel advice and impressions of a colorful world”
Plateau Journal — “Threads of life”
Simply Tibetan — ” Tsampa, Momo, Laphing and more”
Revisions of Grandeur — “Life is a draft”
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog
- List the award rules so your nominees will know what to do.
- State 7 things about yourself
- Nominate up to 11 other bloggers for the award.
- Contact your nominees to let them know you have nominated them.
- Display the award logo on your blog.